Ford formally has damaged floor at BlueOval Metropolis in Stanton, Tennessee, which is ready to turn into the biggest, most superior auto manufacturing advanced within the firm’s 119-year historical past.
The $5.6 billion funding was introduced in September 2021, and it consists of an all-new automobile manufacturing unit in addition to a lithium-ion battery cell gigafactory (43 GWh yearly), which is a three way partnership with SK Innovation’s SK On.
It is a huge new mission, which lays the muse to attain a 2 million electrical automobile annual run fee globally by late 2026.
Ford additionally underlines that already it has turn into the No.2 electrical automobile model within the US by August and primarily based on August 2022 complete gross sales.
“Structural metal is erected lower than one 12 months after Ford and SK On introduced their $5.6 billion funding to construct a revolutionary all-new electrical truck and superior batteries for future Ford and Lincoln autos in West Tennessee. The almost 6-square-mile mega campus will create roughly 6,000 new jobs when manufacturing begins in 2025.”
Ford has reaffirmed its earlier targets to open the brand new web site in 2025 and produce “an all-new, revolutionary electrical truck.”
Nothing is understood about this new electrical pickup, in addition to the truth that it is going to be an extra mannequin (on prime of the Ford F-150 Lightning) and it’ll belong to the full-size section (similar to the F-150), primarily based on a brand new platform.
Blue Oval Metropolis in short:
- Stanton, west Tennessee
- funding: $5.6 billion
- a 3,600-acre campus protecting almost 6 sq. miles
- 6,000 jobs
- Manufacturing (from 2025):
– next-generation electrical F-Sequence pickups
– BlueOvalSK three way partnership: superior batteries (43 GWh annaully) for Ford and Lincoln EVs
BlueOval Metropolis Development by the Numbers:
Vital progress has been made since March, when Ford and its development companions started getting ready the land for development.
- Crews have moved greater than 4.6 million cubic yards of soil, sufficient to fill roughly 34,500 yard swimming swimming pools
- Almost 370,000 tons of stone have been laid, the burden of greater than 1,600 Statues of Liberty
- Greater than 4,600 deep foundations put in, totaling the peak of roughly 176 Eiffel Towers when put finish to finish
Ford’s Blue Oval Metropolis in Tennessee
Beside Tennessee, Ford and SK Innovation’s SK On are additionally investing about $5.8 billion within the BlueOvalSK Battery Park in Kentucky, the place two 43 GWh gigafactories to be constructed (86 GWh yearly complete).
BlueOvalSK Battery Park in short:
- Glendale, central Kentucky
- funding: $5.8 billion
- a 1,500-acre campus
- 5,000 jobs
- Manufacturing (from 2025):
– BlueOvalSK three way partnership: two 43 GWh crops (complete of 86 GWh yearly)
With these three gigafactories (129 GWh yearly) and contracts for batteries from SK On’s plant in Georgia, Ford and SK On have turn into strategic companions to one another.
However let’s not neglect that, globally, Ford is partnering with varied suppliers. The primary query will probably be who will turn into the provider of LFP batteries in North America.