On Monday (19-September-2022), Thai residents noticed a brand new set of highway visitors penalties come into drive. The penalties contain a rise in fines and jail phrases. It is going to additionally see the Thai authorities go after events comparable to tuner outlets and unlawful race organisers.
Amongst the amendments made embody:
- THB 4,000 (~RM 490) wonderful for dashing, leaping visitors lights, or refusing to cease at zebra crossings
- THB 2,000 (~RM 250) wonderful for driving in opposition to visitors, not sporting a helmet, or not fastening the seat belt
- As much as 1 yr in jail and/ or a wonderful of between THB 5,000 (~ RM 620) and THB 20,000 (~RM 2,500) for driving recklessly and placing different highway customers in danger
- As much as 1 yr in jail and/ or a wonderful of between THB 5,000 (~RM 620) and THB 20,000 (~RM 2,500) for the primary occasion of drunk driving
- As much as 2 years in jail and/ or a THB 50,000 (~RM 6,200) – 100,000 (~RM 12,400) wonderful for repeated drunk driving offense
The brand new penalties may also see drivers who meet for racing, unlawfully modify their autos, or behave suspiciously with as much as three months in jail and/ or a wonderful of THB 5,000 (~RM 620) to THB 10,000 (~RM 1,240).
That’s not all, the authorities also can challenge a wonderful on tuner outlets that illegally modify autos two-thirds of the penalty.
Race organisers and advertisers of unlawful gatherings also can resist six months in jail and/ or a wonderful of THB 10,000 (~RM 1,240) to THB 20,000 (~RM 2,500).
Nearer to house, the Malaysian authorities solely simply amended the Highway Transport Act (1987) in 2020 to impose stricter penalties on drivers caught driving beneath the affect.
Additionally learn: Stricter penalties for driving beneath affect to take impact 23 October 2020